Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are you lost ma'am? (Part 1)

Because heaven is a long way from here.

Hey guys!

Today, I wrote a very, very serious blog post where I complained about my eating disorder and etc. etc. etc.  As important as those thoughts are, I think it's more important to keep this blog positive.  So those thoughts do not belong here, no way!

Let's stay positive people!  (Source)


And in order to make this blog as positive as possible, I feel it is appropriate to talk about happiness.

Everyone is on the pursuit of happiness.


(Source)

Seriously.

Even Aristotle, Plato, Nietzsche, pretty much every philosopher had his own view of the path to happiness.  (I'm not sure why I named those philosophers in particular...)

"And I believe the way to happiness is..." (Source)


So for years and years and years, we, as humans, have concerned ourselves with finding happiness.

But see, that's where the problem is.

You read that correctly, there is a problem with the pursuit of happiness!

Yup, yup!  (Source)


We get so caught up in trying to be happy and trying to find the perfect everything that we miss out on the happiness that is already available to us. 

In high school, I had a philosophy project where we all had to find one song that described our "happiness philosophy".  The song I chose?


Okay, so the title isn't exactly creative.  But please listen and read the lyrics.

So this is part one in the "pursuit of happiness series".  Okay, it will probably end up being two posts and that's it.  But I don't want to inundate you with all my beliefs...at once ;)

I want to hear what you think about "happiness" and what you think about the song.

Stay tuned for much more on this topic!

(Seriously, I just don't want this post to be too long or too annoying, so I'm breaking it up.  I'm doing you a favor :p)

Until next time...

-CJ xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think happiness is mostly a CHOICE..sure, bad things happen in our lives all the time, but it's up to US with how we deal with them :)

    *deep moment over*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude! You are a big inspiration!

    I'd love it if you would check out and follow my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete