Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Excuse me, I think you have something in your eye.

Oh wait, it's just a sparkle.

You probably thought I was kidding when I said I would start each entry with a pick-up line now. 

I don't kid around with stuff like that ;).

Anyway, today has been a lot of fun.  Rolling out of bed at around 11, seeing old faces, catching up, sharing college stories, laughing until my abs hurt and I was crying (mind you, very wet and very large tears were streaming down).  The life of a college student.  Oh gotta love it!


This was me--except I was shaking and I couldn't keep my eyes open.  What a lovely mental picture, right? Source

[Side note: I just killed a bug by clapping onto it, like a ninja.  Totally disgusting (I just watched my hands like a bajillion times), but I feel a strange sense of accomplishment.  Interesting.  Thought I should share.]

That was me...you know the one scaling the wall.  Sorry, we can't all be as awesome :p Source


Anyway, (wow I need to start learning other transition words), I was really loving life today.   Good day.

Until.

There is always an until.



I was watching some youtube videos (not that cat one above, though) and came across this girl who makes hilarious videos who has the perfect body.  PERFECT.  So I watched the video where she talked about her exercise routines and her eating habits.  She is vegan.  I started thinking, well I can't give up meat or diary, but I could eat more veges and fruit.  I can start working out as much as her.

Then I stopped myself.

Stop right there, thank you very much!

Total hypocrite.

Here I am on this blog telling you to love yourself no matter what and the insides matter and all, and there I was, plotting how I could attain the perfect body.

Damn.

Since I hate being a hypocrite, I think it's time to change (not my body, of course, or my eating habits, or my exercise habits; okay, I just confused you.)

I'm changing my perspective.  What does having that amazing body get her?  Creeping guys writing "I want to do you" and "I think I just got a boner".


Like honestly, do I want that?


Uhh, no.  Thanks, but I am good.

Source



As my nutritionist asked me one time, is your thinness all you want to offer the world?  Is that your contribution?  Is that all you got?

Uhh, no, again.  Thanks, but I am better than that.

So, guess what?

After writing this, I feel so much better about myself.  And I hope you do, too. 

Because at the end of the day, we are who we are.  And a part of who I am is quoting Ke$ha at every opportunity I have ;)  And there is a BIG difference between who you are and what you look like.

[Side note: I am now scratching myself like crazy because I am a firm believer in karma and after killing the bug like 5 minutes ago, I'm afraid its loved ones will now eat me.  Crap.  No more ninja for me!]

Anyway (THINK OF A NEW TRANSITION WORD FOR ME),

What are your goals?  I don't mean what is your weight goal or your exercise goal.  I mean life goals.  I would love to hear what you plan on contributing to this world.

-CJ xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment